Have you been looking for the best home remedies to clean your system of weed? Medicinal marijuana has several benefits based on different users’ experiences. No wonder why there’s an increasing demand for THC products. Passing a drug test (urine test, most commonly) has been an essential requirement for work or other purposes.
However, is passing a drug test with home remedies possible? You can do detoxification in a variety of methods. Still, most THC users rely on some of the most trusted items to get through a drug test. So, let me help you understand more about various tests, products that can help your body clear itself quickly, and some of the best tips on passing a drug test in 24 hours or less.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System?
You need to understand how long it takes to get marijuana out of your system so that you can plan the best detoxification method. It can stay within your body for about 3 days to a month, depending on which part of the body.
|TYPE OF TEST||LIGHT USER||OCCASIONAL USERS||HEAVY USER|
|Urine||3 days||14 days||One month to 45 days|
|Blood||4 hours||12 hours||24 hours|
|Saliva||Up to 24 hours||2 days||Up to 30 days|
However, I’ve seen several cases wherein marijuana stayed in a person’s system longer than the other because of several factors. At the same time, other detox products and natural remedies may require longer preparations. So, how to pass a drug test using home remedies? First, here are some factors affecting the elimination of THC.
Main Factors Influencing the Time THC Stays In Human Body
- Frequency of Use – Heavy users will need more time to clear the THC from their systems than light users, who may do so within days.
- Weight and Age – Users with higher fat levels in the body tend to have a longer time of detoxification because THC remnants stay in the body’s fats. In addition, younger people with faster metabolism may flash the compound faster.
- Lifestyle – More exercise causes lipids and THC to break down more quickly.
Some detox products can mask the THC in your body, which is a perfect solution for those who need to take a test within 24 hours.
- Toxin Rid 1-day Detox Pills – These pills contain several vitamins, dietary fiber, herbs, and minerals that may help eliminate all traces of drugs from your urine within 24 hours.
- Detoxify Mega Clean – It is a herbal detox beverage containing a unique combination of herbs, minerals, and vitamins. This formula may help flush toxins, drugs, and alcohol out of the body. Still, its effectiveness depends on the factors mentioned above.
How Does Your Body Process THC?
The liver converts THC into the metabolites 11-hydroxy-THC and carboxy-THC. Then, the body will absorb it into various bodily tissues and organs, including the brain, heart, and fat.
In some cases, especially for heavy users, THC accumulates in fatty tissues at a rate faster than the body can eliminate it. As a result, THC metabolites may also appear on any drug test for days, weeks, and even months.
Over time, the stored weed remnants return to the bloodstream as the liver metabolizes it. To further understand, let me explain how THC affects the urine, blood, and hair.
- Urine – Did you know why urine is the most common drug testing method? It’s because urines hold the highest concentration of THC for the longest time. Thus, it’s essential to hydrate yourself and pee often when detoxifying.
- Hair – The scalp hair may indicate marijuana use. Since it has a long detection window, the remnants may stay for up to 3 months. Hair testing has a long detection window. Scalp hair can indicate marijuana use for three months. According to a study, a hair test is more accurate when identifying daily or nearly daily cannabis users. Still, it cannot identify modest cannabis usage.
- Blood – Since marijuana only stays in the bloodstream briefly, blood tests to identify marijuana are uncommon. THC enters the system quickly (within minutes of inhalation), and its blood levels rapidly decline 3–4 hours after use.
- Saliva – THC may stay in the saliva for up to 24 hours for light users and 72 hours for frequent users after the last consumption. Heavy users may have weed metabolites in their saliva for up to 30 days.
These are the general results based on some studies conducted in recent years. It may still require further research since the effects of THC differ from one user to another.
Home Remedies to Clean Your System of Weed
Here’s a common situation for a pre-employment requirement – submitting a negative drug test result. I’ve heard many horror stories from people about failing urine tests and losing their jobs or the opportunity to work for their dream company. Thus, I’ve received a lot of questions about the best way to do a marijuana cleanse.
But first, how many days do you have left to prepare for the drug test? Knowing how many hours or days it takes to do an effective detox plan is essential. If your employer only gave a less than 24-hour notice, then I’d suggest that you do a combination of natural remedies and THC detox products.
Most natural home remedies for drug detox work best if you take it for a more extended period – which is more than a day. So, I’ve listed some natural methods that may help all users.
Hydration and Water Intake
Hydration is one of the most natural home remedies to pass urine. The rate your kidneys filter your blood increases the more you drink. After filtering the blood in the renal tubule, our kidneys excrete it outside the body. All you need to do is drink more water. On the day of the test, drink 2 to 3 liters.
So if you are wondering if you can flush weed out of your system with water, it’s 100% yes. However, the time your body needs to flush the drug metabolites by hydrating depends on your body composition, metabolism, frequency of use, and the amount of weeds you take.
Diuretic Foods and Beverages
Aside from water, what natural remedies to use to detox your body? You can also include diuretic foods and beverages in your detox plan. These foods may help increase urine production and active waste filtration out of the body. As a result, it increases your chances of flushing toxins from your system.
What to eat to get rid of THC? Some diuretic foods include:
- Dandelion roots and leaves
- Juniper berries
Aside from edibles, there are also beverages that you can drink along with your regular water intake.
- Coffee – Coffee is a prominent diuretic that increases urine production in the body. In this approach, the more you drink, the faster the body eliminates THC and alcohol. However, consume lots of water and other beverages in addition to your coffee. If not, it could result in dehydration.
- Lemon Juice – Add 8 or 16 ounces of water in a cup, and squeeze half of the lemon juice. Then drink it 7 to 8 times a day. This beverage can help you quickly pass a drug test and is healthful.
- Cranberry Juice – Natural THC detoxifiers like cranberries work best with lots of water. Consume up to two liters of cranberry juice daily, and you can drink it with an electrolytic beverage to urinate more frequently.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider aids in the body’s detoxification process. The only thing you must watch out for is using high-quality, pure apple cider vinegar. Take two teaspoons at most per day, along with plenty of water.
- Fruit Pectin – Fruit-like pears and apples contain a substance called pectin. Gathering the THC toxins and releasing them through urine further aids in the body’s detoxification process.
Exercise and Sweating
Any physical exercise is a natural detox for THC. Exercise is incredibly healthy for the body because it speeds up metabolism. Additionally, it causes the body to produce sweat and urine, which aid in eliminating weed remnants and waste from the body.
What are some of the exercises that you can do? Well, it doesn’t have to be physically strenuous. Always listen to what your body can and can’t do when exercising. Even fast-paced walking while wearing a sauna jacket would do the same job.
Here are some sets that you can use.
- Jumping rope
- Plyometric exercises
- Medicine ball slams
- Box jumps
- Lateral jumps
In addition, saunas are great for cleansing your body by releasing sweat. It doesn’t require much movement but may have similar effects on the body. Sweating causes the body to exfoliate and clear its pores, which leaves your skin smooth and radiant. However, removing THC will take a long time if you rely on something other than this method. So, combine it with other at-home remedies for the greatest results.
Making dietary adjustments is a natural THC detox—no need to take hard pills to remove the weeds from your system. A simple change in your daily lifestyle can change a lot in your body.
For example, you can add high-fiber foods to help burn those fat cells while increasing metabolic activity. Incorporate high-fiber foods and grains like:
- Whole grain bread
- Whole grain cereal
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat pasta
- Red cabbage
- Flax seed
- Ginger and garlic
Then, get a good amount of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats your body requires. Having a balanced diet if you want to maintain a natural weed detox process. Without it, you’ll feel exhausted without them in the necessary amounts, and your body won’t be able to function or support cleansing.
However, it’s also crucial that you avoid these foods if you want to pass a drug test. These edibles may cause false positive results due to the presence of some opiate compounds and other natural psychoactive substances.
- Poppy seeds
- Hemp seeds
Then it would help to have the proteins, carbs, and healthy fats to meet your body’s needs. Without these in the required quantities, you will feel drained, and your body won’t be able to function or aid detoxification.
Detox Teas and Drinks
What about detox tea for THC cleansing? Fortunately, there are some teas and detox drinks that you can try. Even better, you can make your natural detox drink.
- Lemon and Ginger Detox Drink – Get a lemon, some mint leaves, and thinly sliced ginger. Then, mix these ingredients in a water pitcher and let them rest for an hour to absorb nutrients.
- Detox Smoothie – Blend a cup of kale or spinach, cucumber, lemon, and green apple. Also, add a piece of ginger and coconut water. Drink this smoothie at least once a day as a snack.
- Cucumber and Mint Detox Water – This is a detox drink for cleansing but refreshing as well. Slice a cucumber and mix some mint leaves. Then, put the ingredients in a filled water pitcher. Leave the beverage overnight for the best results. It’s one of the most popular go-to natural detox drinks for THC.
Additional Tips for Passing a Drug Test
Urine drug testing is one of the most common drug tests today, and it’s for various reasons. What’s more important is to cleanse your body before taking the test to get a negative result. No need to tamper or use fake urine if you can achieve good results by taking a natural detox for a drug test. To improve your chances, here are more tips.
- Avoid any drug use during the detoxification period.
- Know some ways how to manage your stress and get adequate sleep.
- Your system can function better after rest, so you have a good probability of passing the test.
- Increase your fluid intake, but avoid overhydration because it may lead to suspicion.
Here’s how to collect a proper urine sample for a drug test to prevent having to retake it.
- Read the instructions carefully – take note of the date and the location of the drug test center.
- Give a fresh sample because the tester checks its temperature before accepting it.
- Collect the midstream only, and give the indicated amount only.
- Beware that a technician may be in the testing center to monitor the collection.
There are many ways to get that out of your system naturally. You have to be diligent in taking them – consistently! These natural methods can do wonders when detoxing THC remnants, but the results still depend on some factors.
If you have any underlying conditions or are pregnant or lactating, consult a healthcare professional for the best detoxification method. This way, you can create strategies that provide the best outcomes.